Guided Tours in the National Archives Building
Upon written request, the National Archives offers guided tours to groups. These tours last approximately 30 minutes. We can receive groups of up to 30 people. The guided tours can be tailored according to the needs of each group.
- An introduction to the National Archives, the Regional State Archives and the National Archives of Norway.
- A visit to the Reading Room
- Instructions on how to order archival items
- A visit to the mountain vaults to view original archival material from various time periods
- A guided tour of the Treasure Trove (Skattkammeret), which is our custom-built exhibition space for archival items.
- The National Archives receives visits from students and instructors from primary, secondary and upper secondary school, universities and colleges.
- We tailor the tours to the students' age groups and educational requirements. In collaboration with their instructors, we can provide hands-on exercises involving the use of sources.
- For students at college level, we focus on the fact that the students will use our archives in the future for research for their master's degrees.
Feel free to contact us for more information.